Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Marijuana Stocks Dropped After Some Troubling News for Canadian Pot Investors

https://www.barrons.com/articles/marijuana-stocks-drop-canada-1536875117?mod=trending_now_1

I've been watching these stocks since @rono asked the question, "anyone investing". Partook a little in my college days, maybe I can partake in a different way now:) They dropped a lot this week (maybe this signals why). Maybe getting back to a good entry point(?) Still watching.
Cannabis-related stocks dropped in after-hours trading Thursday following a report that the U.S. may bar Canadians who invest in the companies from entering the U.S.

Politico reported Thursday afternoon that an official with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency said that Canadians who smoke marijuana, work in the industry or invest in the companies could be permanently banned from the U.S.

“Facilitating the proliferation of the legal marijuana industry in U.S. states where it is deemed legal or Canada may affect an individual’s admissibility to the U.S.,” Todd Owen, executive assistant commissioner for the Office of Field Operations at the CBP, told Politico.

Comments

• Didn't seem to bother MJ today.
  • It took a pretty good hit (inadvertent pun) yesterday, but that thing is very volatile anyway, so who knows? Came back a little bit today. I bought 100 a couple of weeks ago- still well ahead, but am running with a stop order a few bucks below my entry. Just playing around on this one.