Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Having A Bad Hair Day: Can You Say NiSource

FYI: (The Linkster bought 840 shares of NI on 3/6/09 at a cost bases of $3.00 per share. When NiSource split off Columbia Pipeline Group in July, 2016 I received a distribution of one share of Columbia Pipeline Group stock for every share of NiSource stock that I owned. In other words I got 840 shares of Columbia Pipeline at no cost. When TransCanada bought Columbia Pipeline they paid me $25.50 per share, an 8 percent premium.)

NI closed down today as a result of the pipeline disaster -11.7% @$24.79. Hopefully there will be no more deaths except the one person who was killed, and property owners will be compensated for losses.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-massachusetts-explosions/boston-suburbs-gas-pipeline-accident-biggest-since-2010-safety-bureau-idUSKCN1LU0W6