Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

International Funds

Performed X-Ray on portfolio and I’m only showing 5% invested overseas. I tend to let money run in investments such as PRMTX, which when I started in 2002 was 25, now 106 per share. I probably need to diversify a bit more away from large cap which is roughly 45% of portfolio.

Where are some international areas to invest in. Thanks

Comments

• Grandeur Peak Int'l Stalwarts - GISYX and TimesSquare Int'l SC - TCMIX
  • beebee
    edited August 2018
    PRIDX is a TRPrice SC International
    FMIJX is a risk averse LC International

If you have a long term horizon EM funds like PRMSX or the index VWO

Also many Blue Chip US companies do business Internationally / Globally so you may actually be more "globally" positioned than 5% ... maybe TRBCX

OGIYX - global opportunities in SC space
  • @bee. Never thought about India until I read the morning excerpts. Right know all my funds are split between TRP and Vanguard. Maybe I’ll adventure outside the scope of these 2 companies.
  • I bought PRIJX for my MIL. Didn't time the buy well, but...

Thinking Emerging Value should do better over Emerging Growth assuming that narrative is going to play out.

Until the dollar tanks I don't see how Emerging / International going to outperform S&P500. Just when it seemed dollar was turning, we got turkeyfied.