Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Topics with no responses.

The discussions with no comments, how long do they stay on the board before they are sent to the dustbin

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Hi @oletimer63, (nice handle) and let me say welcome. I see this is your first post and you have made a few comments thus far since joining along with a good number of visits. I recently started posting a thread called Three Things of Investment Interest. I post this for information purposes only and if it creates discussion from my perspective that is great. As of this morning Monday's thread drew 88 views, Tuesday's thread drew 56 views, Wednesday's thread drew 104 views, Thursday's thread drew 42 views and Fridays thread drew 62 views. The number of views is how I determine the value of some of my threads I put up over the number of comments made. With this, I plan to keep posting Three Things of Investment Interest because of the number of views they are receiving. Should the viewing traffic diminish to a point that it is not drawing the viewers I feel it should then I'll discontinue the thread. In addition, I post Old_Skeet's Market Barometer & Report monthly that has drawn 688 views to date. Here is a link to it incase you are interested.

https://mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/42056/old-skeet-s-market-barometer-and-report-june-july-recaps#latest

So, in answer to you question ... I'm thinking the amount of time a thread with no comments are allowed to stay up might be determined based upon it perceived reading value by management. By the way ... I'm not management.

Again, let me say welcome ... and, perhaps you will continue to post?

Old_Skeet

Additional Comment: I'm also thinking that David's available time to view and move post from the discussion area to other areas are a factor as to how long they stay in the discussion area.
  • Just paging through the discussions the last post with zero comments I found was July 28, two weeks ago today. I don't know if that means anything though.
  • edited August 2018
    I believe the "dustbin" as you call it is what you see at the left side of your screen under 'categories' called "The Bullpen". It appears the newest entry to the Bullpen is 7/27. So apparently they last 3 weeks on the main discussion board.
  • @oletimer63-
    On the left side of your screen you should see the "Discussions +" category. Choosing that will hide the comments with no response, and help you to sort through the clutter.

Welcome to MFO!

OJ