Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

AQR's Curious Investor: Face the Factors: Episode 2: Podcast

FYI: Factors are the building blocks of investment returns. We explain what they are, how they work, and how you can use them in your portfolio.Disclaimer: This podcast was recorded on May 9, 2018. The views expressed in this recording are the personal views of the participants as of the date indicated and do not necessarily reflect the views of AQR itself. AQR and its affiliates may have positions (long or short) or engage in securities transactions that are not consistent with the information and views expressed in this presentation. This recording has been prepared solely for informational...
Regards,
Ted
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-curious-investor

Comments

• Always Questions Results
  • Based on the YTD results for QLENX QMNNX , etc AQR means Awful Quantitative Returns.
  • @carew388. Right On. What happened suddenly? I guess AQR can use its own definition of Market Neutral and Long Short. They had such low volatility until this year. Makes you wonder whether they are actually investing as per what they say. Of course M* is already fawning over their "long term" results.

I'm wondering if the should be bought for a trade.
  • The two funds I mentioned now have $1 million minimums and are closed. I bought them when Fidelity had $2500 minimum for retirement accounts, so I'm hesitant to exit my positions.
  • Well...when did you buy? If 3 years back I guess you can hold.
    Then again...