Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Another move trying to retain existing investors or getting new investors. Many like to invest with Fidelity sector funds and they have many choices. The recent rise of ETFs and sector ETFs change the landscape considerably, so does Fidelity's AUM. In the meantime, Vanguard and Blackrock are taking away another big slice from their index funds. These days Fidelity is still a dominant player to manage institutional accounts (i.e. 401(K) accounts) for large cooperations.
  • I'm not quite sure I'd qualify this as a "catch" with the funds themselves... Sure, they want more clients on the platform in hopes they'll also invest in other funds with more expensive ERs, but there is no reason a client would be required to.