Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

German heatwave causes beer bottle shortage as sales surge

edited August 2018 in Off-Topic
Another side effect of global warming ...

“June was 2.4C hotter than average, while July hopped up 3.3C - and cold beer was much in demand.
But the sales success is putting brewers under pressure, with many running out of bottles.
Breweries have appealed for people to return their empties as soon as possible so they can maintain supply.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45019713

Bottle or can? I much prefer beer that’s been stored in a glass bottle. A beer distributor stocking shelves at a local grocery recently told me that cans have improved to the point where they will soon replace glass bottles as the taste preferred by consumers. But I didn’t believe him. Glass for me.

Comments

• Pure tragedy. I'm glad I drink whiskey for which beer is just a byproduct on its way to the real stuff