Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard's Fund’s Investor Shares has been lowered from $10,000 to $3,000 (lip).

edited May 2011 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/36405/000093247111002646/ps5440520111.htm

Vanguard Convertible Securities Fund
Vanguard Explorer ValueTM Fund
Vanguard Growth Equity Fund
Vanguard Mid-Cap Growth Fund
Vanguard Precious Metals and Mining Fund
Vanguard PRIMECAP Core Fund
Vanguard Strategic Equity Fund
Vanguard WellingtonTM Fund
Vanguard WindsorTM II Fund

Important Information About Investor Share Minimums
Effective immediately, the minimum investment to open and maintain an
account in the Fund’s Investor Shares has been lowered from $10,000
to $3,000.

Vanguard reserves the right, without notice, to increase or decrease the
minimum amount required to open or maintain a fund account or to add to an
existing account.

Comments

• Thanks for posting that information, Shadow............

Cee
  • Here's more information from M* on the same subject:

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=380967

I am not sure how excited existing shareholders will be about this change........... I am sure that Vanguard will change the minimums back to the original levels in a heartbeat if they feel it is necessary. Yeah, I am still a Vanguard fan........

Cee
  • Vanguard Energy fund is on the list. New minimum is $3,000, down from $25,000. And it's open, unlike the Primecap funds and Capital Opportunity, which remain closed with the new $3,000 minimum.
  • See my other thread concerning Vanguard lowering the minimums from $25K to $3K with the list of related funds.