Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jeffery Saut: Stealth Bull Market? Text Or Audio

FYI: On CNBC last Friday, we stated that we have been in a stealth bull market. Indeed, after anticipating the stock market’s bottom in early February, the stealth bull market emerged. So what’s a stealth bull market? Well, while the major market indices are marginally better year-to-date (YTD), many of the other indices are up double digits. For example, the D-J Industrial Average is up some 1.21% YTD, while the S&P Small Cap 600 is up 11.70%, the NASDAQ Composite has rallied 13.36%, the NASDAQ 100 +15.31%, well you get the idea. Moreover, many of those indices have tagged new all-time highs, as have most of the Advance/Decline Lines. As our friend Leon Tuey writes:
Regards,
Ted
https://www.raymondjames.com/wealth-management/market-commentary-and-insights/investment-strategy

Comments

• Maybe it is a "stealth bull." I have been adding to my portfolio this year, but only minimally. Still re-investing all profit. My portf. is right now approaching the January highs. But there's a tonne of volatility, much more than before His Goofiness moved into the Executive Mansion.