Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Don’t Punish Your Kids: Teach Them This Financial Lesson

FYI: When my nephews, Tyler and Adam, were six and eight years old respectively, I helped them start a portfolio of index funds. At the time, their mother insisted they split their weekly allowance three ways: a third for spending, a third for charity and a third for investing.
Regards,
Ted
https://assetbuilder.com/knowledge-center/articles/dont-punish-your-kids-teach-them-this-financial-lesson

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Wonder, was the minor/custodial account a Roth IRA?
  • a third for charity? that's rich
  • @Catch22: " Wonder, was the minor/custodial account a Roth IRA?" Why don't you E-Mail Andrew Hallam @AssetBuilder.Com and find out !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ya. I don't do that for such a circumstance. I have more than enough of my own contacts and don't choose to start receiving email from their site, too.
  • edited July 2018
    catch22 said:

Ya. I don't do that for such a circumstance. I have more than enough of my own contacts and don't choose to start receiving email from their site, too.

Ain’t that the truth! Anyway, @Ted provided the link. So he should be the one to follow through and entertain our questions.:)