Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

If You Want to Look Sexier, Save More Money

FYI: “Why didn’t you take your Porsche?” I asked my friend, Pat. I was 21 years old. Pat was ten years my senior. He had a knack for investing in real estate and stocks, so he was relatively wealthy for a guy his age. Pat owned two vehicles. One was a Porsche 911 Carrera. The second was an old, beige Toyota pickup truck.

Pat and I were sitting at an outdoor coffee shop. The night before, he had taken a beautiful woman out for dinner, someone he met just two days previous. “I picked her up in my truck,” he said, “because the Porsche sends the wrong message.” As a 21-year old with limited life experience, I thought Pat was crazy. Next to a puppy, (nothing beats a puppy!) I figured few things would attract a girl as effectively as a Porsche.
Regards,
Ted
https://assetbuilder.com/knowledge-center/articles/if-you-want-to-look-sexier-save-more-money