Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: Elephant In The Smart Beta Room

FYI: his afternoon, I am speaking at the Inside Smart Beta Conference, playing the role of curious skeptic in the room. ETF.com’s CEO Dave Nadig is going to grill me on why we have not moved $850 million of client assets into Smart Beta holdings.

A few caveats are in order: First, I find the term “Passive Indexing” to be less than optimal phrasing; Preferred language: “Low cost indexing.” Same with and “Smart Beta” — “Fundamental Indexing” is a much preferred phrase. I also will admit that passive is less passive than many people believe, and that reasonable people can look at the data and amicably disagree. This is not a holy war.
Regards,
Ted
http://ritholtz.com/2018/06/elephant-smart-beta-room/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheBigPicture+(The+Big+Picture)