Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

School Shooting Deaths In 2018 Already Exceed Military Deaths

edited May 2018 in Off-Topic
According to data from the Defense Department, 29 active members of the U.S. military have died since Jan. 1, 2018, including both combat and non-combat deaths. In contrast, 31 people were killed (in school shootings) in the United States since the beginning of the year, including the most recent shooting in Santa Fe, according to the Post.
https://www.bustle.com/p/school-shooting-deaths-in-2018-already-exceed-military-deaths-theres-more-9137419

No solutions. No addenda. Please don’t shoot the messenger. I feel this subject is at least as worthy as sports betting or horse racing.

Comments

• So do I Hank, so do I. Let's continue our policies of doing nothing because we know how well that works and /or has been working. Good plan.
  • This only ends when fathers of students killed band together and do something drastic against those who sold the guns to the shooter student. Sorry to say, but that seems to be the ONLY way.

Non-voilence may lay claims to making a difference, but it has always been on the backs of people who did tit-for-tat. Remember, America is "great" because unlike other countries who were "given" independence, America "declared" independence, and then fought a war for it. 4th of July 1776 is the day America "became independent" when the fact of the matter is it only truly became independent after the war ended.

If people cannot buy guns, they will use their cars and mow down people. Today the consequences are the shooter gets publicity. Need to END that.
  • >> If people cannot buy guns, they will use their cars and mow down people

please

there is ease of access and less ease of access, come on