Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why Too Many Choices Make Us Bad Investors

FYI: Mike Korb could eat nails. He was one of the toughest, most talented bike racers I ever knew. He never ventured far from his Victoria, B.C. home. But when world-class cyclists raced in our city, Mike often found a way to win. In the early 1990s, if I had to bet money on whether Mike could beat Lance Armstrong on a tight downtown circuit (known as a criterium) I would have put money on the local guy.

Bike racing was simple–much like investing used to be. Mike is now co-owner of the bike shop he has worked at since he was 18 years old. “Young cyclists ask me all kinds of technical questions about which bikes are the fastest and what their heart rates should be,” says Mike. “But they waste too much time obsessing about that stuff.” Investing has become a lot like that.
Regards,
Ted
https://assetbuilder.com/knowledge-center/articles/why-too-many-choices-make-us-bad-investors