Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Consuelo Mack's WealthTrack Preview: Guest Ed Yardeni, President, Yardeni Research,

(I will link episode as soon as it becomes available for free, early Saturday morning.)

May 3, 2018

Dear WEALTHTRACK Subscriber,

One of the reasons I love my job so much is that I get to talk to really smart interesting people who are at the top of the financial field, and as it turns out, they love what they are doing as well. We are all fascinated by the dynamism, complexity and phenomenal potential of economies and markets. And we are motivated by the desire to help our clients, in our case viewers understand them and become better investors, build wealth and achieve financial security.

That’s what WEALTHTRACK is all about!

This week’s guest, Ed Yardeni, is a perfect example. He is new to WEALTHTRACK, but not to me. I have been following his research for years, and am delighted I finally had a chance to catch up with him again.

Yardeni is a PhD economist and investment strategist who is widely followed by institutional investors. He is President of his own global investment strategy and asset allocation firm, Yardeni Research, which he launched in 2007. Before that he held Chief Economist or Chief Strategist positions at divisions of several major firms. He was also an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

He and his small, long-time team at Yardeni Research put out a daily must read “Morning Briefing” report first thing in the morning and a lengthy “What I Am Reading” list which makes the rest of us feel like slackers. However, the best news is he has just published a fun and fascinating professional autobiography titled Predicting the Markets. He is a really good writer, observer and analyst.

The book reminded me of all of the amazing changes we have lived through over the last four decades and how they have shaped economic and market behavior. They continue to do so. Yardeni describes his job as solving a puzzle on a daily basis, connecting all the dots to get his clients on the right side of the market.

In his book he devotes a chapter to each of the most important dots, from geopolitics to technology and productivity, to inflation, the Fed, the business cycle, consumers and demographics. The list goes on. In this week’s show, I asked him to explain which pieces of the puzzle are the most important.

If you’d like to see the program before it airs, it is available to our PREMIUM subscribers right now. On our website, we also have an exclusive EXTRA interview with Yardeni about his popular movie reviews, and how movies can sometimes give us lessons about the markets!

If you are unable to join us for the show on television, you can watch it on our website, WealthTrack.com, or by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.

Have a great spring weekend and make the week ahead a profitable and a productive one.

Best regards,

Consuelo

Video Clip:

Dr. Ed's Blog: (Most of it is free.)
https://www.yardeni.com/