Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bespoke’s Sector Snapshot — 4/26/18

FYI: Below is one of the many charts included in this week’s Sector Snapshot, which highlights the percentage of stocks in each S&P 500 sector that are trading above their 50-day moving averages. As shown, breadth for the S&P 500 remains below 50% with 45% of stocks in the index currently above their 50-DMAs. Unfortunately, the key cyclical sectors of the market like Industrials, Consumer Discretionary, Technology, and Financials all have readings below 45%.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bespokepremium.com/sector-snapshot/bespokes-sector-snapshot-42618/

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Bespoke is one of my favorite data/trend analysis groups, and in case anyone's interested, I'll point out that they're posting a lot of great info via Seeking Alpha these days, in concise, right to the point, digestible bites. SA is routinely panned because there's no vetting of the writing, but here and there, you can find top-notch analysis if you look, and Bespoke is near the top of the list for me. You don't have to be a Bespoke premium member to read or receive these posts thru SA.

Here's their article index. For example, I received links to the top two pieces this morning:

A piece on the post-earnings report buying/selling pattern by sector: selling tech & industrials, buying health, utes, & reits - a pattern they don't consider "very bullish."

A short analysis of the GDP report: Q1 weaker than Q4 '17, but not by as much as expected. First quarters are "always the least accurate," though, so expect a revision later.

Best, AJ