Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PNC Park Threatens To Leave Pittsburgh Unless Better Team Is Built - OT

Off topic I know, but funny and sadly true about the quality of the park and team which makes it funnier:

https://sports.theonion.com/pnc-park-threatens-to-leave-pittsburgh-unless-better-te-1819568573

Comments

• @MFO Members: The Onion "Fake News " !
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • edited April 2018
    But, ummmmm... (how can I be TACTFUL about this?) Fake news is not the same as SATIRE! Ork. I've been there for games several times. The cityscape beyond the outfield is a fabulous view, whether in daylight or in the dark. Yes, the Pirates, as I was locally told, "are the best Minor League Team in Major League Baseball." ;) But they are 12-7, leading the NL East, THIS year, so far. That Onion piece is dated, from '06.
  • @Crash Yeah, they're doing well now, but don't worry, they'll break our hearts soon enough.
  • @Lewis, @Crash - it could be worse. You could be a Vikings fan.
  • My last Pirates home game in Three Rivers saw Bonds, Bonilla and Van Slyke starting in the outfield. That might well have been the last home game worthy of memory.