Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Yesterday Someone Traded $600 Million Of High Yield Funds: (JNK) - (HYG)

FYI: It looks like an investor has just traded a massive amount of high yield exchange-traded funds as three block trades worth more than $609 million hit the tape yesterday around 12:30 p.m. in New York.

The $9.1 billion SPDR Bloomberg Barclays high Yield Bond ETF, known by its ticker JNK, absorbed two block trades of about 9.7 million shares worth over $350 million, according to Bloomberg data. The $15.3 billion iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corporate Bond ETF, or HYG, saw a trade of about 3 million shares worth $257 million, the data show.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-12/someone-just-traded-600-million-of-high-yield-funds-etf-watch?srnd=etfcenter

Comments

• "The allocation back into high yield is a vote of confidence for risk-on bets," Lukeman said...Thanks @Junkster.
  • bee said:

"The allocation back into high yield is a vote of confidence for risk-on bets," Lukeman said...Thanks @Junkster.

The past month junk has shown some real positive divergence with equities. While the S@P is down over 4% and the NASDAQ almost 6%, the proxy index for junk bonds is positive. With all the volatility in equities, I just can’t bring myself to get back into junk in a meaningful way. If I succumb it will be with the Ivy High yield fund. Standing pat with junk lite in bank loan with EIFAX. Besides IOFIX I did buy some DPFNX which I held for a few months last year. It is mischaracterized by Morninstar in the junk bond category.