Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RPHYX Conference Call - Thoughts?

edited September 2012 in Fund Discussions
I am a shareholder in the fund but was not able to participate. Did anyone have reactions - positive or negative - to the the call?

Comments

• David posted a link to the recording (and wrote a summary of the call) so you should listen to that if you haven't already. Overall, I thought the call was very helpful and gave me a lot of confidence in the manager and his strategy.

One thing that stood out to me in particular is that the fund is really quite conservative, despite the name and yield. The manager puts a lot of research and effort into making sure that principal is preserved. There were a couple of examples given in the call.
  • Reply to @claimui: I now have 10% of my portfolio in RPHYX. I just wish I could afford institutional shares, which require $1M minimum even through Schwab Institutional.