Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The China Tariff product list

edited April 2018 in Off-Topic
The China Tariff product list, subject to comment period. List starts at page 14.
Wondering who and how this list was generated. Surely, there are those reviewing the list and saying, "Oh, crap."
D.C. is keeping some folks fully employed, eh?
I find rocket launchers on the list. Oh, well; have a favorite?:)

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/files/Press/Releases/301FRN.pdf

Comments

• @MFO: Bore Fest !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Probably !!! The tariffs may never see the light of day.
  • An excerpt from my current post on this: The Washington Post reports that "The office of the U.S. trade representative released a list of 1,300 proposed tariff increases... In compiling the list, U.S. officials used algorithms to identify products that benefited from China’s state-directed campaign of technology acquisition while eliminating those whose inclusion would disrupt the U.S. economy."
  • We posted about the same time and wasn't able to read that first.......interesting, algo's, eh? I saw quite a few various medical related items........if I were a full comprehension speed reader, I would take a scan of the whole list and store to memory.
  • Yes, I thought the "algo angle" was interesting also. Perhaps human intelligence being in very short supply in the White House they fell back on the artificial kind.