Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BofA-Merrill Lynch To Pay Record Settlement For ‘Masking’ Trades

FYI: Bank of America Merrill Lynch routed millions of client stock orders to electronic trading service while telling clients that it was processing the orders in house. It did this, the NYAG says, because it wanted to increase the business sent to these trading partners.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.cetusnews.com/business/BofA-Merrill-Lynch-To-Pay-Record-Settlement-for-“Masking”-Trades.Syl7De1D9z.html

Comments

• Nothing worse than a LIE.
  • @Crash: How about a president of the United States who does nothing but?
  • Everyone is corrupt, what can you do? Maybe our grandchildren will go to Mars and evolve without The Gene.
  • edited March 2018
    Yes, well--- obfuscation seems to have become standard modus operandi, everywhere. Not only can you not get a straight answer to a straight question, but as soon as you show them any frustration or sarcasm resulting from THEIR repeated miscues, word-games and incompetence, they presume to make THAT the issue. Management is HAPPY to hire employees who are just competent enough to follow the script. Management doesn't want anyone who might actually see through the nonsense and uncover the fact that the entire "system" (non-system is more accurate) was never designed to actually make sense, and serve the customer, particularly when customers ask a common sense question which does not appear on the Martian-created FAQ list.
  • Move to Credit Unions for local banking
    Move to your favorite internet bank...mine is USAA.
    Need Loans? Try PenFed or Navy Federal or your local CU.

"Too Big To Fail Banks" do not need your support, nor your patience.
  • bee said:

Move to Credit Unions for local banking
    Move to your favorite internet bank...mine is USAA.
    Need Loans? Try PenFed or Navy Federal or your local CU.
    "Too Big To Fail Banks" do not need your support, nor your patience.

Yes, indeed. We have nothing in banks, now. Just CUs. However, even at Navy Fed, the call-center phone answerers are no better than anywhere else. They ALL seem to deliberately utilize circumlocution as an intentional tactic in order to drive you mad, utterly unhinged, unglued. JAY-ZUZ, it's a good thing I'm not in charge. HEADS WOULD ROLL.
  • @bee, Navy credit union is for those who are in uniform or work for DOD, correct? What are their advantages over say the local credit unions?

Our mortgage is still with a large bank, but we maintain a checking account with a local credit union. Their credit card gives very favorable exchange rates in foreign travel. Haven't try internet banks since Fido and Vanguard brokerages provide good service and support.
  • @Sven : Sorry, I'm not "bee." Navy Federal is for active or retired veterans, DoD AND immediate family. I got in because my dad was a Marine.
    Mortgage:
    https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/loans/mortgage/mortgage.php

Credit cards: (I just got a no-fee credit card, 10.8% interest rate, but we never carry a balance, anyhow.)
    https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/creditcards.php

One advantage of the Amex card we got is that there are no foreign transaction fees. (My other card does charge for that.)

We have local checking, too. Another advantage of NFCU --- despite the dearth of brick-and-mortar NFCU offices--- is the fact that there are gazillions of ATMs you can use. Most do not take deposits, but some do. A great many of these ATMs are in 7-11 stores. Others are connected to other credit unions. One thing Navy Federal doesn't do is the "shared branch" arrangement with other credit unions.
  • @Crash, my corporate credit card switched to MasterCard after years being with Amex. We travel overseas on business or on personal that we don't pay transaction fee either on Visa and MasterCard. Why use ATMs when you can obtain cash from your debit cards from grocery stores. BOA started to charge fee on ATMs as we consolidated our banking with a local credit union.
  • Hi, @Sven. I see your point, yes. I'm an old fuddy duddy. Until triple points were offered through this Amex card, I was still writing paper checks at the grocery store. We have ATM/debit cards from 2 different CUs, but my wife has been the only one to use hers--- always at Costco. At the NFCU website, it's easy to find where the fee-free ATMs are. In fact, I still have not used my new ATM machine card,from Navy Fed, either.
  • Barclays paying $2B in fines for selling crap mortgage backed securities.