Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

As Robo-Advisors Cross $200 Billion In Assets, Schwab Leads In Performance

FYI: Charles Schwab’s automated portfolio has the best two-year track record. Here’s how the other robos stack up.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.cetusnews.com/business/As-Robo-Advisors-Cross-$200-Billion-in-Assets--Schwab-Leads-in-Performance.HJA5ZRf8M.html

Comments

• edited February 2018
    The numbers in the article for the Schwab robo seem accurate based on my own Intelligent Portfolio. Maybe a little higher then my actual return. My portfolio is about 62:26:12, eq:bonds:cash. I continue to bench mark my robo to make sure it is doing what I hoped. In comparing my own 2016 and 2017 return to some other balanced and target funds, it's doing just fine.

Comparing 2 year return as the article did, my robo beats the TRP 2020 retirement fund, Fidelity Balanced, Vanguard Balanced Index and the venerable Vanguard Wellington.

2016 2017 accumulative
    VFINX 11.8 21.7 33.5
    my robo 11.7 15.1 26.8
    TRRBX 7.4 15.7 23.1
    FBALX 7.0 16.5 23.5
    VBINX 8.6 13.8 22.4
    VWELX 11.0 14.7 25.7

So far so good:)