Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

These 5 Companies Are Making Money From Investors’ Love Affair With Stocks

FYI: This is the best time in history to be an investor. I’m not just talking about the fact that we are in the middle the of the second-longest bull market in history. (I say “the middle” because the prior record was a 15-year rally that started after World War II, and at roughly nine years in I see no sign of the stock market slowing down.)

The profits from rising stocks are nice, but even better are all the innovations that have allowed cheaper and easier access to capital markets. Deregulation in the 1970s led to the creation of discount brokers. Innovation in the 1980s fueled electronic trading platforms such as eTrade Financial ETFC, +1.17% . The 1990s saw the first exchange-traded funds that tracked the S&P 500 SPX, +0.44% come into their own.

The improvements have continued in this century. Platforms such as Robinhood offer commission-free trading on mobile devices, while Vanguard Group is pushing fees on many funds as close to zero as it can. To top it off, talented investors feature their best trades and advice at no cost on sites like Marketwatch.com or on social media via Stocktwits.

If you want to make money on this trend, then it’s also a great time to invest in specific companies that are profiting from this investing revolution. Here are five stocks to follow the money:
Regards,
Ted
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-5-stocks-look-like-winners-in-the-next-investing-revolution-2018-01-22/print