Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ALPS | Metis Global Micro Cap Value Inv METAX

Since there has been much talk about value investing overseas, I thought I'd mention this one run by Brandes alumni as it has some of the lowest valuation metrics out there. It's too small and new really for me to write a profile of it, but it seems perfectly suited for discussion here. Also, interestingly and refreshingly, it is run by women, a rarity in the fund world. It's underperforming this year as deep value has lagged, but beat the pants off the market in 2016:

portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/summary?t=METAX&region=usa&culture=en-US

performance.morningstar.com/fund/performance-return.action?t=METAX&region=usa&culture=en-US

https://metisgp.com/metis-team/

Comments

• I believe that this is the only other Global Micro Cap Fund besides Grandeur Peak's Global Micro Cap Fund.