Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ray Dalio Wants To Donate $1,000,000 In Your Name

TedTed
edited December 2017 in Off-Topic
FYI: Yesterday was Barry's sit down with Ray Dalio, founder chairman and CIO of Bridgewater Associates. He learned a lot of very cool things about him, the firm, and his philosophy (beyond what he already knew).
One thing that we discussed that was pretty neat was a one off idea he set up for the holiday season.
Regards,
Ted
http://ritholtz.com/2017/12/ray-dalio-wants-donate-10-name/

Comments

• First of all someone needs to explain to me what is so great about Ray Dalio. True, his youtube video on how the economic cycles work was insightful. At the time that is. Current market I'm not sure if obeying his thesis.

Regardless, is a greatest / biggest / most successful hedge fund manager - for himself or for his investors? I'm sure he has a made a lot of money. Are we celebrating his success or his investors' success?

If I remember reading article about him, it said his hedge fund has grown from $150MM to $250MM in last number of years. or maybe it was billions. Point is, it was 66% return assuming there was no net investment. HTF is that great?

I think we are just looking for new celebrity. He is the next Bill Miller.