Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

My Super Charged Bond Funds Portfolio

PSA
edited May 2011 in Fund Discussions
comprised of AGDYX (multisector), MWHYX (high yield) and DBLTX (intermediate/mortgage) bond funds. Comments?

Comments

• on a day like today, you would want more unloved treasurys and less of overhyped high yield. just a thought -- without knowing your age, risk tolerance, other asset allocations, percentages, etc.
  • Age 65; risk tolerance for bonds - HIGH, $100,000 for AGDYX; $55,000 for MWHYX amd $100,000 for DBLTX. Fidelity managed ROTH and small equity stakes in EXWAX and FAIRX. I reinvest all dividends and capital gains.
  • PSA, you've certainly done your homework. I like a sense of balance, but I understand the need to step into EM and High Yield stuff in order to get any sort of returns on your investment these days. And I suppose that even if one or two corporate bonds go under and fail to pay off, the mutual fund holding those items would survive, and you could recover from such a setback, although it would not feel very good at all. I hold PREMX TRP EM Bond and will at some point invest in the likes of MetroWest, too. That TRP fund is throwing off monthly divs. at .07 cents+ per share these days, per month---- with not a great deal of risk involved compared to its peers, but with just "middling" returns. I'm OK with that... Good luck. Or, I mean: "break a leg."---"Max."