Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• hank November 2017
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Keeping It Private

FYI: WHILE SITTING AT MY DESK a few months ago, I received a text message from Citibank notifying me of “suspicious activity” on my primary credit card.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.humbledollar.com/2017/11/keeping-it-private-2/

Comments

• edited November 2017
    LOL

Can’t win. I’ve recently updated all my passwords to around 20-25 characters each. All 20-30 accounts - each having its own unique password. And each password having both upper and lower case letters plus numbers and symbols. - They’re so long and complicated that I usually “flub“ one of the letters logging in. In that case, I’m directed to type in a new string of random numbers and letters they’ve put up on the screen to confirm I’m not a bot. Provided I key those numbers and letters in correctly, I’m next instructed to log-in to my email and click on a link to confirm I am who I say. By than there’s usually a new message in the email reporting that someone has tried and failed to log into my account. “Suspicious activity has been detected.”

Life used to be so simple back in the 60s.