Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson: What If You Only Bought At Below Average P/E Ratios?

FYI: A few years ago I wrote a post that is still far and away my most popular called What if You Only Invested at Market Peaks? I still regularly receive comments, caveats, and questions about this one.

A recent follow-up question from a reader asks:

What if you only put your money to work at below average P/E ratios?
Regards,
Ted
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2017/11/what-if-you-only-bought-at-below-average-pe-ratios/

Comments

• Seems you don't have to read any more then the last paragraph.
    Nothing is impossible but the longer I’m in this game the easier it is to see that there’s no perfect strategy to game the system.
  • edited November 2017
    Hi @MikeM,

I took away form the blurb much the same as you. With this, I'm thinking that is why DCA (Dollar Cost Averaging) works as one winds up being somewhere in the middle with some bought at a lower cost while other buys were at the higher end. But, once your reach your fulfillment and fully invested within your asset allocation ... this leaves it (in my book) to "pick and choose." When to put new money to work and when to pick some of it up.

Wishing all ... "Good Investing."
    Old_Skeet