Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Sven September 2017
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Procrastinating Is Crazy If You’re Saving For Retirement

FYI: When I was in college, I often burned the midnight oil, staying up late to write an essay or cram for an exam. I was born to procrastinate.

Sometimes, I imagine going back in time. I did some dumb things in college–things I would like to set right. You might think improving time management would be on my list of things to fix. But I’m not sure. After all, I still passed those exams, finished those essays, and earned the same degree as my more responsible peers.

Perhaps you can relate. After all, many of us procrastinate. But when it comes to saving for retirement, procrastinating is crazy. Early birds don’t just get the worm. They get five star buffets for almost zero effort.
Regards,
Ted
https://assetbuilder.com/knowledge-center/articles/procrastinating-is-crazy-if-youre-saving-for-retirement

Comments

• Start early, save as much as possible, live below your means, and you will likely to do alright with your retirement. The power of compounding over time will do the rest.