Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• bee September 2017
  • hank September 2017
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Today's Head Line News On MFO

TedTed
edited September 2017 in Off-Topic
FYI: And that's just in the last three days !
Regards,
Ted:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:)
Equifax Says Cyberattack May Have Affected 143 Million Customers

Schwab Offering AMX Reward Credit Cards

Equifax: (Please see Hank's prior post for main discussion)

Trump And Democrats Agree On 3 Month Extension To Debt Ceiling Limit

Social Security, DACA, and emulating Japan

This Labor Day is Hard to Shake Away (Even the Linkster contributed to this one)

NOAA: Automatically Updated Irma Graphics... Jose following- now Cat 4/150mph

humor for tonight

Irma Upgraded To Category 5 Storm And Is Predicted To Hit Florida

Comments

• beebee
    edited September 2017
    These thread headlines are posted "off topic" for a reason. You have just added an "off topic" post about "off topic" posts.

Must be a slow "Fund Discussion" week for you and others.

While we are on the topic of "off topic" topic threads...

Here is just one example of a rapid fire series of your most recent "off topic" threads. All in a row I might add. And there are more you have recently posted.

Lead by example if you want to criticize and not be written (about) off...topic.
  • edited September 2017
    HA. @Ted must drive a Ford truck.

It's not for me to judge, but most of those off-topic threads highlighted by @Ted do seem to relate to financial planning or major events that stand to impact our investments. For longer term investors who follow the broader financial/economic trends - but who don't necessarily buy or sell funds weekly or monthly - I think these broader topics add a great deal to the board.

Though the site is called Mutual Fund Observer, there seem to be a lot of posts about buying/selling specific stocks or bonds. I don't mind that. Wonder why one would find discussing a serious threat to folks' financial net-worth (the Equifax story) any less deserving of a spot?