Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trump And Democrats Agree On 3 Month Extension To Debt Ceiling Limit

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017
    Might help get his approval numbers up. I always suspected he's a closet Democrat.

Anybody have concrete ideas what this all means for investing? You'd think there'd be a lot of stimulus due to rebuilding after the two hurricanes. And much of it government-infused dollars. Bloomberg today said Trump (or his subordinates) are even now suggesting that the deficit shouldn't have a "cap" that needs resetting every year. Wow.
  • It's an interesting situation albeit not as surprising as one might think. Anyone who knows Trump's history understands that he's never had a philosophical problem with borrowing lots of money. The problem always was how he chose to spend the money he borrowed. This could cause conflicts within the party with more traditional conservatives.
  • edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I felt that Senator Feinstein's comments were reasonable.

Full disclosure: When she was mayor (over 20 years ago) she sent me a bottle of decent wine as thanks for "the excellent installation" of four different police/fire/ambulance radios in her official big black Lincoln towncar. That was harder than it sounds, because that car was "loaned" to her by a local dealership, and we couldn't drill a whole lot of holes as we normally would for such an installation.

She was a public-safety junkie, and that big ol' Lincoln showed up at many an emergency site. It was driven by a plainclothes officer from the SFPD.
  • @Maurice, agree, and it does not ultimately matter in outcome, you are correct, but your 'work with him' really does go the wrong direction, and has the wrong implications in terms of positions.