Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why You Might Want To Leave A 401(k) With a Former Employer

FYI: The days of working for the same company all your life, contributing to their pension plan and having a worry-free retirement are long gone. Most companies no longer offer old-style pensions and employees no longer stay with the same company their entire career.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, today’s worker holds an average of 12 different jobs before reaching age 50, and this number is projected to grow.Rather than pensions, most companies offer a 401(k) plan, so employees are increasingly faced with this question: What should I do with my 401(k) when I switch jobs?
Regards,
Ted
https://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2017/09/04/why-you-might-want-to-leave-a-401k-with-a-former-employer/