Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson; An Alternative Solution To The Retirement Crisis

FYI: After writing about some of the reasons for the potential retirement crisis a few weeks ago I gave the standard prescription for the solution for most retirees — a combination of working longer, living on less, and reducing expectations for their retirement dreams.
Then I received an email from two of my retired readers, Edd and Cynthia, who took a different approach — they retired abroad. Like many others, they had a difficult time following the financial crisis with both work and their finances so they got creative with their retirement solution and moved to Ecuador where the cost of living is much lower.
Regards,
Ted
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2017/09/an-alternative-solution-for-the-retirement-crisis/