Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Rest In Peace. I will always remember him as a versatile actor with many memorable movies. One I particularly like is The Right Stuff where he portrayed Chuck Yeager.
  • @Crash: Yes it was sad, but what's even sadder is your continued use of this mutual fund discussion board to link general news items that have nothing to do with investing. I have no problem with an occasional off-topic link, however; I can't remember the last time you linked an investing topic. There must be something you can find on the web that relates or remotely relates to the world of investing, its really not that hard. Newbies who come to MFO for the first time are turned off when they see death notices as the topic of discussion. If you can't find suitable material to link to MFO, I strongly suggest you find yourself another board.
    Regards,
    Ted:(:(:(
  • I see more and more "Off Topic" discussions here than ever before. Despite the fact that there are literally hundreds of thousands of political discussion boards on the internet, some people feel the urge to espouse their political views, on a daily basis, on "Mutual Fund Observer." Clearly, some use it as a sounding board to have others validate their opinions. Living in an echo chamber is comforting to some, I guess.
  • BTW, R.I.P. Sam Shepard. Excellent writer and actor.
  • TedTed
    edited August 2017
    @willmatt72: I'm glad to see that at least one other person agrees with me ! If these frequent social issues posts continue at their recent rate they will destroy this board. I've put to much time and effort into this board and will do my best to prevent this from happening !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Not sure why this is deemed unacceptable while posting about Dunkirk is OK. Both are about the entertainment industry and have nothing to do with mutual funds.
  • @Lewis: For gosh sake Lewis, let Crash RIP ! there was nothing we could do to save him !
    Regards,
    Ted:(