Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown; You Have Five Choices

Comments

• Is this a solicitation for new accounts for the authors firm? Is using this board to advertise goods and services in the spirit of M F.O.?
  • @Ted- Not sure that posting a link to an advertisement disguised as a commentary is one of your better ideas. Did you actually read that thing all the way through?
  • Well if you link half a hundred a day a few advertising pieces just might slip through.
  • Yes, I understand that, which accounts for the mild tone of my note to Ted.
  • I'm not bothered at all by the pitch at the end. Pretty mild. Not a worse ad than so much other. Interesting article. Choice 6, or maybe it's choice 5 modified, is to consider going with the algorithm of CAPE the etn.
  • Yes, the article certainly did have a fair amount of thoughtful info. MFO needs to be very careful about commercial taint though, and the article does run close to the line.
  • I dunno about that. I would not think twice about posting some article by Ric Edelman (say) that had implied pitch plus wisdom for this group.
  • The article was worthwhile.otoh,,,,where do you draw the line? It's a slippery slope. At the end of that post it was a solicitation.
  • Definitely a solication just like Ken Fisher's investment invite I received (and recycled instantaneously).