Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Money-Making Conclusions I've Come to After 30 Years of Investing in Funds By Tom Madell

http://funds-newsletter.com/aug17-newsletter/aug17.htm
Unless there are no generalizations that one can make about fund/ETF investing, over 30 years of experience should yield some highly worthwhile conclusions.

In this article, I try to extract some of the most important ones that have been highly successful for me, while suggesting choices that might be avoided.

Of course, many strategies for getting the best long-term returns are almost universally understood, but here I try to elaborate on those that likely aren't common knowledge.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Hi @JohnN,

Thanks for posting Dr. Madell's newsletter for the board's reading enjoyment. It is one that I have often read over the years and I have received good value from it's message. This issue is no different.

Old_Skeet