Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

I'll see your chip bet and raise your micro-chip implant bet into my co-worker

Hey, here we go eh? Already tracking employee locations via vehicles.

There is the "Don't thread on me" and now will be the "please don't hack me".........:)

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/24/16019530/three-sqaure-market-implant-office-keycard-biohacking-wisconsin

Comments

• @catch22 More of your nonsense, don't call us will call you !
    Regards,
    Ted:(
  • edited July 2017
    Oh my... Ted has finally discovered "emoticons". Lord help us now!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • @Old-Joe ":(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(" even more childish than this,"I'll see your chip bet and raise your micro-chip implant bet into my co-worker"
    Regards,
    Ted
  • "however; for you and others of your ilk that refuse to keep this discussion board focused on funds and investing they will be my way of expressing my displeasure.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:("

@Ted: Could you please clarify exactly when you were appointed as any sort of moderator with the responsibility of deciding what is appropriate for this board? Seems to be some confusion on that. Might be mostly on your part, though.

Regards,
    OJ
  • edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • "Government too would love to implant one of these into the bodies of all citizens and legally resident."
    @Maurice: You bet they would, and both major parties too, although perhaps for some differing reasons.

"Do they read privacy statements?"
    What difference does it make? 1) many of those companies would do whatever they wanted in a heartbeat, if they thought that it would make them an extra dime. 2) If you want to do a lot of things these days, the internet is REQUIRED. 3) If you use the internet at all, forget "privacy": it does not exist.

"your ilk"
    Are "ilks" the "in" thing these days? Have I missed yet another grammatical revolution?
  • What Ted is missing is one-fold: He thinks that he's in charge of something at MFO. He's not.
  • And what do you want to say about these geniuses? WTF would you volunteer????

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/employees-tech-company-microchipped_us_5975ffa9e4b0e79ec19abdff
  • @Mautice, I was surprised that several computer and cell phone items I bought from Best Buy have RFID tags inside the box. They are being used much more frequently today as the cost has came down considerably.

At work we have one too many passwords to remember, ~ 30 of them. An embedded chip can automatically identified myself and replace all those passwords. At the corporate level we are not equipped with at least three degrees fingerprint authentication such as those used in iPhones. one day this willl be a common practice.
  • >> WTF would you volunteer????

probably; why not?
  • It is not that differs then having your location function turn on on your cell phones. You location with respect to time are being recorded by your phone carrier.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice- Hi- no, not at all. It's just one of those words that you don't see used very often, and all of a sudden it pops up from a couple of directions. I hope that you and your ilk are enjoying the DC spectacle! :)
  • edited July 2017
    @Maurice- a thought... if one elk sees another elk are they elk ilk? If the other elk needed a bath maybe it would be an icky elk ilk?
  • edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2017
    Good point! If the one needing a bath became ill, it would be an icky ill elk ilk.
    ENOUGH!!!
  • Pretty soon we won't have to turn on the news comedy feed from DC, we may have our own comedy feed right here. (Insert chuckle emoticon here.)