Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The FTC Is Taking A Closer Look At How Amazon Discounts

Interesting:
pymnts.com/amazon/2017/the-ftc-is-taking-a-closer-look-at-how-amazon-discounts/

They ought to also be looking at counterfeit items and fake reviews. The other thing I've noticed is that Amazon's search engine has definitely deteriorated, often bringing up stuff either Amazon is pushing to sell or items with lots of fake reviews at the top of the ranking. I'm surprised they don't have a more advanced targeted search engine as some other competitors are now offering.

Comments

• @Lewis: :( :( :( :( :( :(
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited July 2017
    @Ted Look at you, all hip with the emoticons!
  • @Lewis I normally don't believe in using them, however;for you and others of your ilk that refuse to keep this discussion board focused on funds and investing they will be my way of expressing my displeasure.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited July 2017
    @Ted I seem to remember a certain recent post of yours that had nothing to do with mutual funds and was completely offensive and disrespectful of women. Are you oblivious to your hypocrisy or do you just revel in it?
  • @Lewis: Upon further review, I should have stated that I don't mind an occasional off-topic post. However, I am opposed to using this board as a form for political and social issues. They belong on a social media website, not MFO.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted Talking about Amazon's pricing is not a social or political issue. It's a money issue. In any case, I am opposed to using this board as a repository for crude sexist jokes, yet I respect your right to make them.
  • edited July 2017
    deleted
  • The proposed purchase of Wholefood has negatively impacted retail grocery sector including Costco and Kroger. So the discussion is financially related and it does matters. Amazon downplayed their responsibility on counterfeit items sold on their website, and that is troubling.
  • Caveat emptor. Trust NOTHING someone says to you, who has a stake in selling you ANYTHING.
  • When 4050 mutual funds own positions in Amazon (source M* ownership link) I can't think of a solid, valid reason why a discussion of their practices should not be fair game on this board especially when it pertains to government action which may have some material effect on their value. How much of an effect is anyones guess but if you know the answer then please chime in.
  • I do know that I'm finding it more and more irritating to wade through all of the options and advertising crap that seems to be proliferating at Amazon these days.

Would you like to join this? Would you like to buy that? Would you like an Echo? Would you like to have a a pantry? Would you like to have Amazon Fresh? Would you like to have Amazon Prime? You're at www.amazon.com. Go to smile.amazon.com instead if you want to support Best Friends Animal Society. Echo & Alexa Devices- MEET ALEXA: VOICE CONTROL YOUR WORLD. Amazon Music Unlimited- Stream any song, anywhere. Your Dash Buttons- Manage buttons- Learn more: Tap here for info... Tap here to buy...

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
  • Apparently M* disagrees with Ted.

From Fund Spy: What Impact Does Amazon Have on Your Fund?
    http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=817024