Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Clouds Are Forming Over The Bond Market

FYI: The bond market is flashing warning signals that bad times may be ahead for the stock market and the economy.

That is probably not what most people want to hear — stock investors especially. In the first half of the year, after all, stocks have performed spectacularly. The Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index returned 9 percent through June, churning out gains so regularly that it may seem churlish to note that clouds are appearing on the horizon.

Yet like a long-range forecast about a possible storm, an old and trusted financial indicator is telling us that trouble may be looming.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/your-money/clouds-are-forming-over-the-bond-market.html

Comments

• Hi guys!
    Seems to me.....another poo-poo article. The journalist must have had a deadline to make. As the song goes: "Everybody wants some. I want some too; everybody needs some. I need some too." Look around the world (i.e., in bonds). Why would you not be here? Could it be....maybe.....that's the answer.
    Just saying...
    God bless
    the Pudd