Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TIAA: U.S. Equities Are Risky Like 2-Year-Old On Jungle Gym

FYI: Brian Nick, chief investment strategist of TIAA Investments, said stockholders who profited from the surging U.S. equity market need to be on guard against a reversal, just like a father would counsel caution as a child moves further from ground level on a jungle gym.

“When I see my 2-year-old son on the playground, if he’s really high, I’m not worried that he’s more likely to fall. I’m just worried that if he does fall it’s going to be worse,” Nick said Monday in an interview on Bloomberg Television. “I try to do pretty careful parenting to prevent that, but if it’s your portfolio, you have to worry about what’s had the best run. Over the past five years, the best game in town has been the U.S. equity market.”
Regards,
Ted
http://www.fa-mag.com/news/tiaa--u-s--equities-are-risky-like-2-year-old-on-jungle-gym-33485.html?print