Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

HBLAX at Fido

I think HBLAX is newly offered load-waived and NTF at Fido.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't offered as such in the recent past. If anybody cares....

Comments

• depends where you buy it. I had a fidelity IRA account when I bought HBLIX but have transferred my account to Schwab. At Schwab, HBLIX requires a registered rep and 100,000, so I bought HBLAX load waived but higher expense. I wanted the funds as it's managed by the Wellinton team, best there is. compare it to Wellsley.
  • Good to know Joe. Good catch!
  • @JoeD & MFO Members: HBLIX Is ranked #11 in the (30%-50% E) fund category By U.S. News & World, and has a 5-yr. performance record that puts it in the 3rd percentile by M*. Thanks JoeD for bringing this excellent fund to the Boards attention.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://money.usnews.com/funds/mutual-funds/allocation-30-to-50-equity/hartford-balanced-income-fund/hblax

M* Snapshot HBLIX:
    http://www.morningstar.com/funds/XNAS/HBLIX/quote.html
  • edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maurice said:

My quick look at HBLAX at the Fidelity website still shows a load of 5.50%. Perhaps you can purchase it load-waived, but that is not yet reflected on the website.

But let me point out one other thing at Fidelity with respect to this fund. With a transaction fee, you can invest in HBLYX, which is the Y shares version of the same fund without the 12b-1 fee of a 0.25% annual fee.

Maurice,
    HBLAX appears to be offered LOAD WAIVED and NTF at Fido.

The Hartford Balanced Income Fund Class A

"This fund is now available NTF (No Transaction Fee) and offered load-waived through Fidelity."

-Joe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Huh? It has a load, yes, and the load is waived. No conflicting info. Also no fee, NTF. Not an uncommon situation.
  • Hi @Maurice,
    This is a good 1st page to visit when viewing funds, etf's and what ever other ticker you choose to enter at the top right in the "search". The search box is pretty much available at all Fido pages and one doesn't need to be signed in to use many of the functions. You will see under the ticker symbol (top left) the "info" note about the load waive. The 5.5% load is still shown in the listing info. You may also click onto "composition" or the other tabs for other info.

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/416648244?type=o-NavBar
  • @Maurice,

Wow. Go to Fidelity.com. You do not have to log in. Type hblax in the top search field, the only search field on the page.

That takes you to

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/416648244

The first thing you see is the name of the fund.

Then, right underneath the fund name is the key sentence in question --- load-waived.
    With a circle i next to it, to call your attention that this is important information about the fund.

Click the link, you'll see.

It has a load, but before you see that, you see that the load is waived at Fidelity.
  • edited June 2017
    Agree that FIDO could do a much better job of notating "load-waived" mutual fund status. You have to know exactly where to look.
  • How about directly below that, what do you see?

Both lines under fundname have a blue mark.

It is hierarchical, I suppose. NTF is under Fidelity control and pretty much constant.
    Load-waived is typically subject to agreement w/ fund company, which comes and goes.
  • You can always go through the process of buying a load waived fund and get to the preview transaction screen. At that point, it will provide more details of the transaction, including any fees or load. To be clear, this is a preview screen and not confirmation of the transaction. You can choose to cancel the transaction at this point. However, it will show any fees associated with the transaction. I've done it several times with load waived funds with Fidelity. You should not see any transaction fee or load in the preview screen.
  • @Maurice, Chrome is quick and secure. yeah, IE is poky and worse. Also update FF.