Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

If You Lived Alone On A Desert Island...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ...As long as there's beer and baseball on that desert island. Honestly, our society has grown accustomed to institutions which do not respond to people's needs. We are so accustomed to it, we have grown fatigued by it, and no one bothers to even notice it and complain about it anymore. If you dare to notice it out loud to someone, the response you get is that you're being "rude." We, the people are marginalized members in a Spectator Democracy. Just go with the flow, don't step out of line, nor dare to actually THINK. Just choose your addiction, by which Brother claims you and makes you a happy consumer. "Customer Service" is in actuality the "Big Brother Bureau of Instigating Rage and Aggravation Department." How dare you expect us to answer a straight question with a straight answer?
  • @Crash: Just relax, everything will be alright !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • He may have access to Foster's and Aussie rules football or rugby telecasts. He's remarkably healthy which enables him to stay on the island.
  • edited June 2017
    “I would love to find a partner who wants to live with me here, or a couple of ladies who want to come and visit a couple of times a year."
    An unintentionally funny remark. What exactly would he expect from these different ladies coming to visit him a few times a year? I sense a troubled soul who doesn't quite know how to relate to women. The one person you can't escape no matter where you run, even if it's a desert island, is yourself. At least he has a dog, though.
  • @Lewis: "At least he has a dog, though" Yes, Lewis its man's best friend !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted said:

@Crash: Just relax, everything will be alright !
    Regards,
    Ted

Hello, Ted! :)
    You're part of the problem.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.