Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fund Manager Focus: Rahul Narang, Manager, Columbia Global Technology Growth Fund

Comments

• Ted, I hold the institutional shares CMTFX in my regular ira, I hold, PRGTX in my Roth. It is less volatile than PRGTX and holds 106 positions instead of T Rowe's 45. I have done some changes to my portfolio since I moved everything to Fidelity, paring down my number of funds and trying not to duplicate, but I don't mind having two tech funds as they are somewhat different from each other in the stocks they hold.
  • TedTed
    edited June 2017
    @Normally, I don't recommend owning two sector funds, but in this case your reasons are sound. How well I remember PRGTX back in 1999 -2000 when former manager Chip Morris took PRSCX on a 100% roller-coaster ride.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Chip Morris, Former TRP Manager:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/t-rowe-price-fund-manager-chip-morris-to-depart/print