Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Oil - Seems To Be In A Freefall Today

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @MFO Members:; As of 10:20 AM CDST XLE is down 2.24%.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Maurice
    My guess, as Ted is near Chicago; CDST = Central Daylight Savings Time
  • edited June 2017
    Rode it for about 2 years from around $65 (summer 2014) down to $26 (early 2016) and than back up again to $50-55 where I got out. Bought the dips and sold a few rallies along the way. Used PRNEX as a proxy. Did OK in the end, but I'll tell you it was no fun. No appetite to play it again - Sam

This time the slide might be a warning of a coming recession. Bond yields also seem to suggest that. Hope I'm wrong. But recessions happen. @Maurice - Love your new picture. Looks more like a normal person than the last one did.
  • edited June 2017
    Not that I personally know anything but the rumblings are that some OPEC members are playing loose with their quota's and with the US cranking up production there's no place for the price to go but into the 30's. How deep it goes is anyone's guess.

FWIW I sold most of mine a few months back except for MMP and EPD where my cost basis is quite low and a couple of drilling preferred's.
  • "Not sorry if you are offended."

Maurice!!!

:)
  • Glad I cashed out of Cop with just a small loss. Re-invested it elsewhere, and I've been fortunate with that decision.