Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ed Slott: 4 Ways To Reduce RMD Taxes

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)
These strategies can help stave off the increase in taxes that required minimum distributions usually cause.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/#q=++4+Ways+To+Reduce+RMD+Taxes+investment+news

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 60 is the new 40

70 is the new 50

80 is the new dead
  • edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2017
    Maurice said:

Not so fast. While it could be a one time "blip" in 2015, that the US life expectancy for men and women did in fact decline for the first time. If it holds up and the decline continues, the probable reasons are...

. obesity epidemic
    . opioid epidemic
    . economic decline of the middle class, especially since 2008
    . suicide
    . increases in Alzheimer's disease, respiratory disease, kidney disease and diabetes. Some of which may be attributed to the obesity epidemic.

Did you know that obesity with respect to women in the US, has shot up over 40%? And in case you think I'm "fat shaming", I too am struggling with my BMI now over 25. Of course, losing an inch and half in height over the last twenty years, doesn't help the number. (Taking calcium supplement with vitamin D3.)

Anyway, I was only grasping at a financial laugh. Enjoy your RMD!

Life expectancy in the US declines in 2015

Obesity rate for women

Could not agree more. I am biased but I can't think of anything more important than being thin as we get older. Excess weight causes a host of problems too numerous to detail here. And by being thin I also mean no pot belly. I have read that regardless of weight, a pot belly can be a real killer.

Edit. As pertains to the topic of RMD my biggest financial mistake was no Roth. My annual living expenses increases some 60% this year because of the taxes on my RMD.