Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Merger of Janus Capital and Henderson Group

Yesterday Janus and Henderson announced the completion of a merger to form Janus Henderson Group plc.

I have a position in Perkins Small Cap Value Fund Class T shares (JSCVX) but have not received any communication from Perkins, Janus, or Janus Henderson about what will happen to this fund. It now seems Perkins exists exclusively for institutional investors, of which I am not one. Retail investors have to go with Janus Henderson but the Small Cap Value Fund (JNPSX) is closed. Will my shares be exchanged?

Anyone know what is going on or heard any news?

Comments

• msf
    edited May 2017
    AFAIK, nothing will happen to JSCVX or JNPSX (two different share classes of the same fund), except that Perkins Small Cap Value Fund will have "Janus Henderson" in its name:

"each Fund’s name will change to reflect “Janus Henderson” as part of the Fund’s name."
    Prospectus supplement.

JNPSX, like D class shares of most Janus funds, is open, but just to investors who already have accounts directly with Janus. (Some funds, like Perkins Mid Cap Value are closed, so their D shares are also closed.)