Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Two thumbs up. Next, eliminate mandatory minimum sentencing. Now that people of the correct (sic) race are suffering hopefully that will happen.

However, I wonder how you can sue the drug companies and not the doctors who shill for those drug companies, and the insurance companies who cover the cost of opioid drugs.

"Purposely misled doctors..." the lawyers are going to have a field day with that. And when you give jury another culprit candidate, it at the very minimum enables a "settle without admitting wrongdoing" outcome.
  • >> Now that people of the correct (sic) race are suffering hopefully that will happen.

What does that mean? Sessions is going back to the 1980s. Or is that what you advocate? (Sorry to be puzzled.)
  • This is why I want adequate emoticons on MFO, so I don't have to explain my jokes or my sarcasm separately:-)

When only colored folks in the inner city were the drug addicts/pushers/etc. we had mandatory sentences to put them in jail highly disproportionately. Most of the opioid addicted people are white. I thought everyone knew that. Previously it used to be "drug problem" which needed "punishment" to combat. Now it is a "opioid crisis" that is looking to hold others accountable.