Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

AIG Introduces New Environmental, Social And Governance Fund

FYI: Allowing investors to make a positive social impact while participating in one of the fastest growing investment categories.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170518005335/en

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Not sure if people have read some of the EPA guidelines. I wouldn't go as far as to try and demolish the EPA, but let's not pretend incompetence and objectivism does not extend to that "industry".

Some of the rules the EPA has is utter nonsense and is killing industry and jobs. If you staff an organization and give it a mandate of coming up with regulations, they will of course do that to justify their salaries.

We would like to believe that all coal miners and racists got Trump elected, but that is not true. This is not about clean energy and retraining workers. The reason for my post is the statement "fastest growing investment categories". We all know what this means. No one does any good (sic) for free. We know Goldman Sachs and it's ilk does "god's work". Right...

I don't own any Socially responsible fund per se, but would consider manager investing as per his/her convictions if it made sense. However, I cannot help wonder if this is going to sprout companies that are up to no good. A Monsanto in charge of Environmental Science is not going to do anyone any good, except for the Monsanto. Private prison companies are looking for people to house in their jails not help people.