Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mak'in a 65/35 portfolio into a 50/50 or less.....

edited May 2017 in Fund Discussions
65/35 equity/bond right now, but the market may attempt to make this a 50/50 or a 35/65 mix by dollar value, eh?
All bonds are investment grade (corp. and gov't.) with the exception of a sprinkle of HY from active managers.

Strange Days Have Found Us.........Jim Morrison, The Doors

Grand Illusion by Styx (partial lyric)

Welcome to the Grand illusion
Come on in and see what's happening
Pay the price, get your tickets for the show
The stage is set, the band starts playing
Suddenly your heart is pounding
Wishing secretly you were a star.
But don't be fooled by the radio
The TV or the magazines
They show you photographs of how your life should be
But they're just someone else's fantasy
So if you think your life is complete confusion
Because you never win the game
Just remember that it's a Grand illusion
And deep inside we're all the same.
We're all the same

Enjoy your good life,
Catch

Comments

• @catch22: The Linkster loves the Doors !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • MJG
    edited May 2017
    Hi Catch,

Indeed, the markets might move in the direction that you suggested. Then again, it just might generate results in the opposite direction. It's just statistics, but statistics do yield the probability likelihoods, and these offer decision making guidance.

The odds are important and I would never make an investment without some estimate of the payoff probabilities. "The future is uncertain, so investors should always think in terms of probabilities, never guarantees.". There is terrific wisdom in that single sentence. I copied it from an article referenced immediately below:

http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2015/11/playing-the-probabilities/

The historical odds summarized in the opening table of this article provide the encouragement to stay in the market for the long term. On a daily basis, it's only slightly more positive for a rewarding day than a fair coin toss. But as the timeframe increases those odds become more and more attractive.

Stay strong, Catch. I will.

Best Wishes
  • @catch22 Suggest you read the article I linked below by Josh Brown.: "You Don’t Even Know What A Correction Is":
    Regards,
    Ted