Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: American Gods

FYI: You have questions:

You’re wondering how it could be possible that the S&P 500, the Nasdaq 100 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average could be climbing to record highs day after day, given, well, everything.

How is it that stocks can break through to new heights while the country at large seemingly sinks to new depths?

And about those new depths
Regards,
Ted
http://thereformedbroker.com/2017/05/16/american-gods/

Comments

• Josh Brown hits the nail on the head, yet again. But, hell: I've been (literally) preaching against what he so accurately describes, for DECADES. And @VintageFreak posted this other, very timely video from Bill Maher, too. ... I go to the gym. I go fishing. I walk through stores, and go to the garage for an oil change. The New gods have us enthralled. In the steam-room, in the whirlpool, you're checking your phone? Honestly? But the oblivious, blind consumerism did not start with Apple and Facebook or Twitter. It would be helpful if so many semi-educated poor unfortunates were not so large a proportion of the population. Critical Thinking is in short supply. It wouldn't surprise me if many do not hear the words, "Critical Thinking," and wonder why THAT guy has to be so damn NEGATIVE all the time... ;) Storage bins are bought and filled because we run out of room for all our STUFF. Then, there's more room in the house. Goodness! We need to BUY more STUFF!